In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ithaca model 51

FishcaptnFishcaptn Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Did Ithaca make slug barrels for the model 51 shotgun?

And where might I find one?

Edited by - JVAS on 09/19/2002 13:50:17

Comments

• FishcaptnFishcaptn Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a model 51 Ithaca semi auto 12 guage which I love to shoot. The ACTION BAR is broken again for the second time and cannot be repaired. Does anyone have one or know where I might look for one, new or in very good condition used? Ithaca was supposed to start making some of these replacement action bars, but never did. Any help appreciated. Thank you
    Fishcaptn
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for a piston retainer for the ithaca model 51 20 gauge. Can anyone tell me where I would be able to find it??
    edited November -1
    Can any one tell me when an Ithaca Model 51 s/n 510012xxx was made? Thanks,
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post over on the "wanted" forum. Check with brownell.com
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 10,022 ******
    edited November -1
    "Ithaca was supposed to start making some of these replacement action bars,"..........Ithaca did make some replacements a few years ago but the company has been in/out of business so many times who knows? this was the weak point of an otherwise decent shotgun.
  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    fishcptn, i am not sure what the action bar consists of but..... i know a man who can weld tin foil gum wrapers together or battle ships and most anything inbetween. its a long shot but i can hook you up if your search for another part is fruitless. e-mail me vadams@laytoncity.org