In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WAMO and WHAM-O INFO NEEDED

Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
It's fairly well documented now that WAMO and WHAM-O were the same company, same ownership, located in different CA cities. I've now obtained two of the three .22rf fireams we know were once offered under the WAMO brand name.

WHAM-O seems to have been the headliner for their TOY PRODUCTS, and WAMO offered what they called SPORTS items, such as duelling swords, Malaysian Throwing Daggers, crossbows, Mayan Hunting Blowguns, and their .22rf firearms, etc., etc..

Below is a .22rf single-shot WAMO Powermaster Rifle and it's the first I've ever seen. I still need to find one of their WAMO Hamilton Duelling Pistols. Anyone seen one? I saw a picture of one along with a question from its owner asking folks at the old "Gun List" what they knew about the gun. The answer was NOTHING.

1TOMSGUNSHOWINGMISSINGMAGAZINE.jpg

This old fellow is in great condition except it's missing the "magazine" on front, which is actually just a little tin storage box to hold two boxes of .22rf LR. A buddy in PA has built a replacement and is mailing it to me.

Can anyone furnish me with documented information regarding this scarce and oddball line of guns?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ Shansei45

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    Very interesting. I've never even heard of, much less seen one of their rifles before. The only WAMO pistols I've ever seen were the Powermaster single shots and I've only seen a few of them in my 30 years in this business. While I can't be of any help to you I would sure like to see more of these WAMOs.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get hold of the latest Shotgun News Treasury, ( 9th Annual). There is a article by Tom Gaylord, "The Story of Wham-O's Guns".
  • Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe snow, I'll have to look for a copy.

Oh yeah... guess who sold me THIS one...!

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither of them works.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Wham-O makes frisbees. You can have the firearm, and the target both made by the same company. Neat, Huh?
  • Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Mark, maybe THAT'S what they had in mind all along.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at aerial targets using a .22rf. I think I may have nailed ONE flying crow back in high-school days. [:D]