In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

amt 22 mag

jlsinkjlsink Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
found one at a pawn shop for 350 good deal or not 95% no box one clip

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on condition. Need more info. How many clips?/ factory boxz??
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't buy it unless you can test fire it. AMT put out to much crap over the years. Some worked, lot of them didn't. Since the original AMT outfit has been out of business for years parts and magazines might be a problem? There is outfit Texas making some of the old AMT pistols, don't know if the .22 Mag is one of them?
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The High Standard Company still supports the pistol, and has or occasionally makes parts. I am pretty sure they sell that model currently under the HS name.

I bought one recently at an auction, and had to get a part from Brownells.

Yes, they may be a fussy gun to keep tuned.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but like others have said, AMT put out so much JUNK I'd never buy (or take for free)another one!
  • papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 of the Irwindales, bought in 1992.One worked for a while, and then problems feeding. The other one I got running quickly. I didnt shoot them for years, and back around 2004, started again. It has taken me until this year, nonstop, to get them both working well. IMO They need good springs, (all) and 50gr. IDK if the older shells had more power or what. Absolute nightmare. I almost threw all the pieces, of one, in the trash, cause I couldn't reaassemble the sear spring in the gun. I probably can't do it now, as has happened before, and i'm afraid to shoot em now, not because of safety.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a little secret you were never told about the AMT Longslide 22 mags. I probably should not be telling this since I get them cheap from people who don't know.
    Eventually, the pistol will fail to function and you can't get it to work properly. Nowhere in the manual does it tell you to clean (using a paperclip with a small bend at one end) the little gas holes in the chamber.
    Everyone who benefits from this information owes me a thank you!
    [:D]
  • 22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one I had looked like a great gun. However, the trigger was terrible. Functioned and cycled ok but I couldn't get over the lousy trigger and the fireball every time I fired it. Traded it after a couple boxes of shells and will never own another one. . .at any price.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    run away from it as quick as you can! garbage!
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one - works great, never any trouble with any ammo except win dynapoints which wont even cycle the action. Trigger is good, groups are great - it is very loud however.