In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

full auto glock

baaddawgbaaddawg Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have seen some clips of fully auto glocks on the net. They are pretty cool. Question is - Are they legal in the US, and what do you have to do to get one?

Comments

• baaddawgbaaddawg Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw an ad that said this thing could turn your Glock full auto does anyone have any have one of these things and do they work good?
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    class 3 lic since they are post 1986 10,000 cash+
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    There are no original examples that are transferable to private individuals, although there are a very few conversions out there if you look hard. Everything else is a post ban conversion and these are only available to dealers and police departments. It is worth noting that Glock USA has very harsh restrictions on the transfer of original Glock 18 pistols to dealers so even dealers are hard pressed to find an original 18.

Short answer: Develop an interest in another handgun!
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    There are no original examples that are transferable to private individuals, although there are a very few conversions out there if you look hard. Everything else is a post ban conversion and these are only available to dealers and police departments. It is worth noting that Glock USA has very harsh restrictions on the transfer of original Glock 18 pistols to dealers so even dealers are hard pressed to find an original 18.

Short answer: Develop an interest in another handgun!

Yeap you can get a conveted 17, but it will cost lots of money and big brother gets more paper work. Cool but not worth the hassel.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie

Yeap you can get a conveted 17, but it will cost lots of money and big brother gets more paper work. Cool but not worth the hassel.

There is no way for a private party to legally own any full auto converted or otherwise that was made after 1986. No amount of paperwork is going to change that.

If you are a dealer the cost to convert a G17 is minimal and very little paperwork.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    A full auto glock may be cute, but talking about being worthless! A waste of ammo, and no way to hold on target.
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    class 3 lic since they are post 1986 10,000 cash+
    police dept...2000.00
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are actually controllable.
    I have fired about 1600 rds through a couple.

I just wish I as a civilian could buy one.

CP
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    They are actually controllable.
    I have fired about 1600 rds through a couple.

I just wish I as a civilian could buy one.

CP

+1.... I also have fired hundreds of rounds from the Glock 18 and they are very controllable. I have a video of me firing 31rds of Hornady Vectors but its on video tape, not digital.
  • VirgilCaineVirgilCaine Member Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by partisan
    A full auto glock may be cute, but talking about being worthless! A waste of ammo, and no way to hold on target.

Zackly.