In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

red-dot scope

robby.1911robby.1911 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
i have just acquired a tasco accudot scope and mount for 1911. the scope has no instructions, no on-off switch and has me baffled. if i tighten down the battery cover the thing stays on all the time. that can't be right, as you would lose a battery every few days. does ANYONE care to lift this fog from my life. it has to be simple, and that's why i can't figure it out.--many thanks, robby[:(]

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try contacting Tasco to get an owners manual.
  • craig 25-06craig 25-06 Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Robby, Does it have a rheostat for brightness of the dot?
    If so does that rheostat have a zero on it?

Regards
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This?

accudot1x30bk.jpg

tas-acd2d.jpg

I think Craig has it right. See if the brightness control also acts as an on/off knob.

Note that some of the newer/better dot sights use special battery conserving electronics and can literally run at full brightness for over a year on one battery. These models you literally don't even have to turn off, but I do NOT think yours is one of these.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a 0 on the turret that is a rheostat for dot brightness.
    Put the 0 at the dot on the body. If it is still on send it back.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have this scope and that is the correct solution for someone who may stumble across this post after another year. Place the brightness control to "0" and that turns the scope off. Like most battery powered devices,(at least many I have) never store with the battery in place, especially for long periods. I stored my TASCO Accudot and 4 months later, with Scope definitely turned off, battery was dead.[:(]