In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Revolver Id help

mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
There is only the letter U on the revolver with the 2 different crowns. nothing under grip area.fit an finish is very good. high quality at the time it was made

Revolver Id help
I have a mid size revolver from an estate i have to sell I can not identify it . there is no name or numbers on it. Just a letter U under 2 crowns. barrel is 3 inch hex about 32 cal. 6 shot
with both a loading gate an a plunger to remove spent cases. also a pin to remove cylinder.wood chequered grips with smooth place were some type of name plate could have been.Here is the pictures if more is need let me know also some of rest of estate that will be sold here on GunBroker an at local shows
thanks Mike
IMG_7181_zpsh9oes4x1.jpg
IMG_7182_zpstai6wq7f.jpg
IMG_7183_zpsxbpdpzwv.jpg
IMG_7184_zpsnq3rhjpm.jpg
IMG_7180_zpsyltbuupw.jpg
IMG_7179_zpsizccerv1.jpg
IMG_7178_zpsl8rauraq.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The proof marks are German. Very likely it dates to the late 19th Century.

Although it could have been made in Belgium, for sale in Germany. The Belgian made revolvers are much more common, than German made ones.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks Belgium to me.

Saturday night must have been his favorite day. A couple of the S&W look interesting. Hopefully you got the lot cheap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got the whole lot on consignment Lot are in nice shape but have been worked on with rebluing being number one thing done to them. I feel most are just good looking shooters
    will try an find a picture with those references thanks guys
    I do not want to log it in wrong
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you removed the grips to see if there is anything stamped under them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are 2 Ruby Type pistols, (with long grips), in your first photo. They were made after the First World War, for commercial sale. Because of this and 20 round magazine capacity. They would have much more value to collectors. They were sold under the name of "Plus Ultra". Hopefully they weren't bubbaed by the previous owner. As that would harm their value to a collector. Below is a photo of a Plus Ultra.

f2aa70fcf81bf8c47dfac41470f4eb0a.jpg
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    German proofs, possible Belgian origin. Copy of the Royal Irish Constabulary revolver- scaled down, safety added. A lot of them were made in caliber .320 European (see also .32 Short Colt) Smaller cartridge than .32 S&W.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got the ruby's listed
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=538376019

Not a "Plus Ultra", unfortunately. Royal's were made by Zulaica, a different Spanish manufacturer. Original mags only hold 12 rounds, not 20.

Triple K, makes repo mags 12 round mags for the Royal's.