In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 22??

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
Going to list a Ruger 22 semi auto pistol for a friend, but not exactly sure what I've got. By reading the Blue Book I believe that it's a silver eagle model. It has a 6" blued barrel, fixed sights, silver eagle in the grip and the bottom of the mag is silver. Serial number is 136625. I checked on the other side and found one but the eagle on the grip is on the opposite side as mine. Am I correct in my guestimation as to what I have? Also, what other mags will fit this model? Thanks.

Todd

the on the auction side:
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=536831864

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Standard Model", circa mid 1950's. The first generation Ruger .22 pistols. Made between 1949 and the early 80's. Were either the "Standard Model", if the sights were fixed. Or the "Mark I", if it had adjustable sights.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your gun's serial number, 136625, dates it to about 1957. Grips for that year should have a black eagle on a silver background, with the eagle only on the gun's left grip panel. The model is a "standard" model, often referred to as a Mark I series, though the gun will not be marked as a Mark I (target model) unless it has adjustable sights and a heavy tapered or a bull barrel. The 9 round magazine will have a sliding button on the gun's right side. It will also accept newer 10 round mags with the button on the left side, but you must reverse the button to the right before it will insert. If the gun is in excellent condition it would sell in my area (SW VA) for about $250 +- $75.