In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help Identify this Magazine

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
Help Identify this Magazine
Got this one just cause it was strange. Any Idea what i may fit??

Seems to be backwards in appearance. Only thing I could find that fits is a 30 Carbine (4 shots). Doesn't appear to be home made.

Reminiscent of a Marlin M-62 but...
mag_unk_001.jpg
mag_unk_002.jpg
mag_unk_003.jpg
mag_unk_004.jpg
Front side
mag_unk_005.jpg
Back side
mag_unk_006.jpg
Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Metal with alloy or aluminum base. Stamped 4822 on the bottom. I suspect .32 caliber? Any thoughts on what it goes to?

IMG_1367.JPG
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a WAG? I have seen Winchester 1905 SL mags. With a round hole in the same approximate position.

Any chance it's a homemade mag, for the 1905, 32 SL Winchester cartridge.

I seem to remember that the 30 carbine, was based on the 32 SL Winchester.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not a Win 1905 for sure.
    Doesn't look to be hand made. Of course, not sure it is a 30 Carbine (it just fits)

I've been all thru my reference books on foreign and domestic rifles and can't seem to find anything close.
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the notch in the feedlips I would suspect it is either for a rimmed cartridge or a rimfire cartridge of some sort.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just checked my Marlin 62 and it doesn't match. The open cut in the top back edge of the mag coupled with a nub on the follower makes me think it should hold open a bolt on its final shot, meaning a semi rifle?
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember seeing a m1 carbine knockoff years ago that took non standard mags.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Savage Sporter????????

Kinda has the Savage look, like the 340 magazines. Sporter in 25-20 or 32-20 maybe?????
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sako made the L 42, a obscure bolt action rifle right after the war. It was chambered for the 7 X 33 cartridge.

The mags in the below photo are for the Sako L 46. A latter produced rifle, in 222. But the mags appear in construction, similar to the one in your photos. Any thoughts that the mag you have is for a L 42 Sako in 7 X 33?

278103d1307748961-compro-cargador-para-sako-cal-222-rem-magazine-sako-4.jpg