In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win Md 94 ?

notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to find out what the reviever sight screw spacing is on a Mod 94 top eject. I measure 3/8" on mine but I also see 7/16" listed by some folks. I'm looking for a good reciever sight, which means older, which also means vintage, which means more $. I'm okay with that but some people just aren't familiar with what they're selling. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on who drilled and tapped it. I would measure both.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I just measured a factory drilled gun, close as I can get with my electronic calipers is .410" center to center.

Ignore the spacing, buy the sight with the correct application code.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you asking about the hole spacing for mounting a receiver peep sight like a Lyman 56 or 66 series sight? If so, it is not .375 (3/8) of an inch, or .4375 (7/16) of an inch. The proper (correct) hole spacing is .525 or .600 of an inch.

The specific Lyman receiver sight that you want will depend on how much "pre-64" your Model 94 actually is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bert, my number 2824947 that I just pulled and measured.. 32 caliber.. is this not factory drilled for a receiver sight? I just rechecked the measurement and stand by .410" center to center. It is very close to .525" outside to outside of the filler screw heads.

??????? Did the spacing change??
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    Bert, my number 2824947 that I just pulled and measured.. 32 caliber.. is this not factory drilled for a receiver sight? I just rechecked the measurement and stand by .410" center to center. It is very close to .525" outside to outside of the filler screw heads.

??????? Did the spacing change??

I used the information in the older Lyman catalogs. That stated, I sincerely doubt that the hole spacing is different for the pre-64 versus the post-63 production Model 94 Carbines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bert & everyone else. Mine is post 64. I'll take another look with a caliper. I know a Lyman 66A fits but Redfields seem to not have a model specific for a 94. Their model#'s don't seem to be visibly placed on their sights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For the Redfield 70 and 80 series it is a "E". The Redfields are just as model specific as the Lymans.
  • Options
    edited November -1