In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

universal m1 carbine from sears and roebuck

bullin82bullin82 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have a universal m1 carbine that was mail ordered (from the good old days) and has spent is entire life in a safe never getting fired. I have the original box and the original rounds that were ordered with it. Just wondering what it might be worth. Sorry I don't have pics of it yet.

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At my gunshop (Northern mid-west) $300 +or- $50.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The values of all carbines have climbed substantially. Even Universal's. Although I don't believe they have become sought after collectors items, like G.I. military carbines.

Likely a mid 60's production Universal,( because of the change in the gun laws. It would have to had been mail ordered before 1968. ). Would have been made with mostly military surplus parts. Which definitely would help the value.

Still and all, most folks regard Universals as shooters. Rather than collectors items. Take it out and shoot it. So you can assure the prospective buyer it's functional.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one saved the original box. I would expect it to sell in the $500-600 range if you post it on GB.

Although it is likely safe to shoot, I wouldn't; the soft wood stock will deteriorate quickly no matter how careful you are.

Neal
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    agree-will bring 550 up on a dollar auction.