In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

norinco rifle actios

rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
hello;

anyone know anything about the norinco rifles and their actions? good, bad, roll of the dice?

thanks for any input.

rp

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if your asking about the sks,i own and shoot several and they have caused no problems in firing thousands of rounds. eastbank.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In addition to the SKS, other Norinco models have been sold in the US. They also made copies of the M14, AK-47, Browning .22 Auto, & a bunch of others.

You need to be more specific as to what "action" means. Their M14-clone receivers are known for their hardness, better than the cast receivers made by most other companies. But, some of their bolts were so soft & out of spec that the "action" may be considered unsafe.

Neal
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a Norinco SKS and it's never had a problem, even with the corrosive ammo that is the most available. I use in in 3 gun since our ranges are limited to 50 yards.

No experience with their AK's howver.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The company itself (NORINCO - Chinese North Industry corporation) makes military equipment for the Chinese and for export.

Specfically, Norinco makes/made the Chinese type 56 AKs for the Chinese military and for export to other countries.

Their AKs are considered amongst the best of the ones ever imported into the USA. Import of these is now banned, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, assuming good condition and price.

Chinese Norinco SKS rifles are perfectly fine too. No issue with those whatsoever. . .they run and look like every other SKS. They've got some stamped parts (vs, say all milled Yugo) and are a little lighter, but depending on your perspective, that may be an advantage.

I know a guy who is a professional gun instructor who swears by his Norinco 1911 as his "bedside" gun. Supposedly these are made from recycled railroad steel (seriously )and the steel is quite good. Don't know if that's true, but that's the story. Guns are basically pure Colt clones and some like them as bases for modifications. Again, assuming a reasonable price, I'd buy one.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my experience, Norinco rifles are of very good to excellent quality. My Norinco rifles are three SKS's, a 22 auto ATD, and a .22 bolt action JW-15. Pistols are a .45 1911, a 9mm Makarov, and a .22 TT Olympia pistol. Never a problem with any of these guns. I have owned several AK's made by Norinco. All were excellent quality and sold only because prices at the time went over a grand each.
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont believe that crap about the m14 from norinco having soft bolts or receivers. That rumor was started by springfield! At the time, norinco m14s were 300.00 new in the box, and springfiels were 800.00. Nrinco was killing their sales. So they started rumors that some people bought into. I have had no less than 8 norinco m14s some that were shot many thousands of rds with not one single jam or problem. If you look on the auction side, you will see that most of the time they bring more or as much as a new springfield. They are superb rifles. The chinese are masters at reverse engineering and all their guns are extremely well built and very desirable.
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Norinco UZI after it was butchered because of "The Assault Rifle Ban" was pretty much a junker. Before that happened, it had a bayonet lug, collapsible stock, > 5 round magazine, and a barrel nut that wasn't spot welded to the receiver. It definitely was a better UZI replicate before the butchering but still not as good as an Action Arms or IMI UZI.