In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 511SB smoothbore

Buck EBuck E Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
I own a 511SB or "smoothbore" .22. Seems there are not a lot of them around. Can anyone tell me the total production number of these odd little shotguns?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doubtful actual production # is known. Made from 1939 to 41 I think, check your barrel code.

added
    I think the Routledge bore is different than the SB. My dad had 22 rifle that used the crimped birdshot shells. He shot birds inside the hanger with it, and yes it engauaged the safety every time he work the bolt. I was really young then and don't remember the make and model. It was however almost one shot one kill if they were parked. I don't remember him wing shooting them. However we would pass shoot doves before and after work, sometimes even at lunch time with regular shotguns.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i have a 510 remington routledge bore.22 long rifle shot #64027 barrel code EPP-oct-1945, it has a odd safety on it, when you operate the bolt the safty is automaticly pushed on. the rifle is in very good condition with out seeing much use. any info on it? mr myopic.