In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca 37 adjustment

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
Another stock adjustment question.

Looking for options to get an Ithaca 37 to fit me better. I need a little cast about 1/4" on my line of sight , 3/8" length and the rear to raise about the same 3/8".

I know I could go to a stock fitter, and if it was an expensive double I might do that. I have a Browning 20ga O/U with a short LOP and a Nelson adjustable buttplate. I bought it used set up this way thinking it would work well for kids and small ladies, and it has. I like it, it is easy to adjust for different folks.

I was thinking of putting the same type of adjustable system on the 37. Just wondering what you folks would suggest for brands, alternatives, experiences etc.? I was looking specifically at the Graco model 585PA.

I occasionally shoot some clay birds with family or friends, no clubs, no competitions. I do bird hunt, but seem to be down to just a couple of weeks a year until life changes. Anyway I need my gun to fit me better to take away what handicap comes along with that.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Maybe buy a takeoff stock and start modifying the stock where it attaches to the receiver? Would not take much change at that connecting point to make 3/8" changes at the butt end.