In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Golden State/Santa Fe rear sight

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
..For a number of years I've had a Golden State/Santa Fe Arms Jungle Carbine. It's missing the rear sight. Any ideas where I can find one? It's different from the other Enfields and the original Jungle Carbine....Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..One more try? Above the trigger guard it's marked:

Enfield
    S-LE The dash could be MT, HT or NT.
    III*

..Maybe that can clue you as what the original rifle was before Santa Fe made a "fake" carbine of it. The receiver bridge is split and that's where the rear sight attaches, while still able to take stripper clips.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They used the rear sight from the SMLE #4. Which was the most common Enfield used during W W II.

The basic rifle was a First World War Mark 3. They machined the rear of the receiver, to take the Mark 4 sight. The Mark 3 original sights were open sights on the barrel, forward of the receiver.

No4Mk13-1.jpg
    edited November -1
    ..Thank you. I'm having trouble with a new camera, otherwise,
    I do know how to post pics on here. I'll give it shot some
    other time when I'm not so busy. (Lost my Mom a couple weeks
    ago.)
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi me up i have a bunch of no3 tip up sigths
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    They used the rear sight from the SMLE #4. Which was the most common Enfield used during W W II.

The basic rifle was a First World War Mark 3. They machined the rear of the receiver, to take the Mark 4 sight. The Mark 3 original sights were open sights on the barrel, forward of the receiver.

No4Mk13-1.jpg

On the jungle carbine that was referred to as the milled rear sight and that is what I have on mine. The only problem I have with this is that I can not remove the bolt with the scope mounted on the gun.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

No4Mk13-1.jpg

..Is that a Santa Fe? It looks like the sight is hinged at the rear. My pics on another thread show that there is no provision for that.
    Mine looks like it was flipped up on a forward hinge pin.