In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 1911 R1 .45

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
These kind of interest me for some reason. Anyone have experience with them?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A neighbor has one, he likes it. I looked it over and for the price it seemed ok.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well made & accurate; I think it's a good buy. But, the blue/black finish is not durable; expect even gentle handling to result in marks.

Neal
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the chance to tear down & look over a SS R1, a Ruger & a Taurus. The R1 was better made and finished IMO. It shoots well.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Remington should be very robust, and a decent pistol. It is now most likely made on the same equipment that the Para USA guns are made on. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Ruger, either. Both are very well made for the $$. IMHO, the only way to get one better, is step up to Baer, Wilson, Fusion, or NightHawk. Stay far away from Taurus!
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 of them. They are the enhanced versions with threaded barrels and extended sights. Both have run 100% with and without silencers on them.paid 725.00 each with shipping. They are a great gun for the money.