In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of H&R revolver

intercessorintercessor Member Posts: 437
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
I could use a little advice here. I am doing an inventory of my fathers collection of firearms. His health and mental abilities have slipped to the point that we have had to move he and my step-mom into a senior housing apartment. I have collected all his guns, and want to place a value on all of them and give an inventory list to all of my siblings so as to keep everything in the open. I have not been able to establish a fair market value on two of them. An H&R model 686, 12 inch barrel, blued, with two cylinders, 22lr and 22 mag., in excellent condition. The second is a Winchester model 1890 rifle, pump,(I believe it's a "gallery rifle") in 22 short, in fair to poor condition. Ny help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetings! Sorry to hear about your folks. Rest assured that you are not alone in what you are going through. Best wishes from the Midwest.
    The 686 will be helped by the long barrel. Usually these go for around two or three hundred dollars with the shorter barrels, but you may double that if the gun is in really nice condition with the box. I see a recent sale here of over 600 dollars for one so there is some demand out there.
    The old 1890 is probably worth a couple hundred if it is all there and working. Saw one sell at a local auction today for $220; it was in pretty rough shape. Stock crack at wrist, traces of blue, light rust-those kinds of things. But it worked properly.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There really is no average for the 1890, each one must be valued upon it's condition. Rough ones usually start around $300 and go up quickly as the condition of the rifle improves.
  • Options
    intercessorintercessor Member Posts: 437
    edited November -1
    Kannoneer and Knifecollector,Thanks for you input and advice. I haven't been on the forum in a long time, but some things never change. You can count on someone here to help out. God Bless, Intercessor