In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm Bullet?

sfintrudersfintruder Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ask the Experts
I just found a bag of 9mm RN bullets. The bullet itself is unique ... it's a bluish black with a very small silver tip on it. Can't find any info on it. The headstamp is 070

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to say for sure. Does it look like a factory round - sealer and crimps or a reload with sizing die marks.

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes

added plastic bullet with BB implant; machine gun practice ammo

looks like this?

laddare.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "sfintruded - please forgive me for hijacking your post.

"charliemeyer007" - many thanks for the headstamp chart - I've been needing that for sometime. Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the Swedish? practice ammunition that was sold a few years ago. The silver "tip" is actually a round ball that is shot out of the cartridge for close range practice.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill DeShivs
    Sounds like the Swedish? practice ammunition that was sold a few years ago. The silver "tip" is actually a round ball that is shot out of the cartridge for close range practice.

+1

Just recently I tried to pull one of the "bullets",(Swede 9mm training ammo). Using a Hornady, cam actuated, collet bullet puller. It didn't work. The bullet is some sort of a plastic/synthetic? It self destructs ,when the collet compresses.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Headstamps on a "Bullet" ????

Do you mean on a cartridge case ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed.
    OP lacks elementary knowledge to distinguish "bullet" from "cartridge". quote:Originally posted by Aztngundoc22
    OK: Headstamps on a "Bullet" ???? Do you mean on a cartridge case ???? Thanks !!!