In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 35 or .45 Tactical

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Now that I have a Glock 22, I know that Glocks are accurate and durable, but now im looking into getting a Glock 35 since it has a longer barrel, or a H&K .45 tacticl. Out of these two guns which one would be better suited for a range of around 50 yards? Or are they about the same? and which one is more durrable? or are they about the same?

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apples and oranges. The Glock 35 is a .40 caliber, the HK Tactical is a .45ACP. Either will do the job at 50 yds cartridge-wise. The HK will have the edge on accuracy and durability. Now, if you want to stay with the .40 cal, HK has the USP Expert in that caliber. Designed to be IPSC ready, all the bells and whistles, but $1399.00.And that's the biggest difference of all. The HK will have the edge in accuracy and durability, but you have to ask yourself are you that great of a pistol shot at 50yds for that to make a difference, and do you intend to shoot THAT many rounds? You have to justify the $350 price difference between the Glock 35 and the HK USP Tactical. And that is something you have to do for yourself.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    stewartstewart Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 35, a HK USP in .40 and a Colt Mark IV Combat Elite.I love the Glock 35, it was accurate out of the box and feels real balanced. I have shot them all at IDPA events and scored highest with the Glock. I especially like the .40 for longer shots, seems to have better trajectory than .45. You can also get different barrels, calibers sig 357, etc. for the Glock, have not seen much on the HK.Just my .02[This message has been edited by stewart (edited 10-21-2001).]