In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA Legal semi-auto

altosaltos Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Are there any recommendations on a high quality, accurate semi-auto that is notan M1A or Mini-14 ? And CA legal (the hard part). And pardon my extreme ignorance, but does "pre-ban" mean squat when buying in CA ?Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only guessing but I would think that anyrifle that qualified on the basis of itbeing pre-ban would be described as anassult rifle & could not be transferred or imported into Kalifornia.One rifle that would fit your question would be an M-1 Garand. Last ad I saw from Big-5 had a pretty good price & Turner's sometimesruns a good sale on them. (Wait for the sales).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, so there's the M1 (impossible to find)or the Mini-14 (not extremely accurate but popular) or the M1A (have one). I would think someone would make a non-pistol grip,10 round magazine .223 or ??? other than these three. The M1A is great, but shooting a .308 for plinking is an oxymoron.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is the VEPR .233 CA legal w/10rnd magazine ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Apologies for the obvious typo - .223
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    What about the M1 carbine. There are also the Marlin Camp 9. OK they are sub caliburs.My 2 cents
  • Options
    beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Altos Why don't you just save your money and move to FREE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, I could move out of Kalifornia, however,that won't happen for about 5 years. In the interim... M1 Carbine. Is THAT legal in Kalifornia ? And if so, is it realistic to assume that a piece in very good condition can be found or are good ones virtually impossible to find ?thanks
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Altos: I'm sorry to tell you but all decent firearms have been outlawed in PRK ( except for criminals).Get out while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, lets say MOST decent guns have been outlawed. The M1A appears to be about the top of the the line for what is available (and I have one). However, alternatives such as the Mini-14 appear... appear to be the only available type. I was hoping something like an IAI 30 carbine would be legal.