In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

#4 MK1 Bolt

110110 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have bought an enfield #4 MK1. The probelm I am having is that it has no accuracy. I thought that the headspacing might be off. I also noticed when looking at the bolt that it is mark MKII. Is it a MKII bolt? Could this be the problem with the headspacing. Should I buy a new bolt?

Comments

• Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never had a No 4 but do have a #1 MK3* and I am told on these the headspace is controlled by the bolt head which simply unscrews out of the bolt. Headspace is a tricky thing to pinpoint and the only way I know to correct it would be with the .303 GO and NO GO gauges. I'm sure if your bolt is like the MK3* there are different numbered bolt heads available.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, for a more professional view on this you might go to www.gunandknife.com then click on the Enfield forum and ask your questions. It's possible you may have to register in this site to ask questions but it's no big deal. I think on my #1MKIII* there are three different bolt heads numbered 1,2,and 3 which are used to control headspacing.