In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser "Mod98" with nazi eagles

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a model 98 mauser carbine with the Eagle with it's head turned on the barrel, receiver, bolt, etc. The serial numbers match and it is number 601. I don't see any "SS" or swastica but the eagle is stamped everywhere. The reciever ring also has the initials C C stamped in it. Does anyone know where this gun may have been issued and what it is worth. (German Officer?) also s/s 109 is painted on the stock.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know if my previous reply made it so I will post this again. I appreciate your help, I am new to the mauser arena. The letters on the receiver ring on top are "ce" or "cg" possibly. I have also discovered that on the rear sight leaf the eagle has the number 359 under it. The left side of the receiver has the eagles with the encircled swastica under it. also the other eagles have the number 37 under them. The left side of the receiver also has a lower case "d" on it. Any ideas? Value?
  • Options
    hackerhacker Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems to me that many of these guns had the nazi markings removed when imported and some people will pay extra for one that still carries them. yours might be worth a little more than the typical mauser found in a gun shop.
    i never make misteakes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I take it that the numbers 359 under two of the eagles means little to the value? What do you think the value is if the blue has worn off but the metal has no rust/pitting? Obviously, the stock has it's share of dings also. I have been offered a NIB Thompson Center Encore (Stainless) with the scope bases for my mod98 & $300 Good deal? or keep the 98? I can probably get a refinished 98 with a good chamber and throat in better condition for $175-$200. Wouldn't this make sense if I am interested in shooting it as well as collecting it?
  • Options
    KevTKevT Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also just purchased a K98 with the Nazi markings still intact.I paid $200 very good conditon matching numbers,except bolt.Inter-Ordinance of America was advertising $299.95 good condition matching except bolt markings ground off. Is there a blue book value or just what someone is willing to pay?