In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glass bedded rifle stocks

JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a question.... In looking at several auction sites for out of production rifle stocks, I have noticed that some offered for sale have been previously glass bedded.... That doesn't make sense to me...How does one get the proper fit unless one removes some if not all of the old bedding material and "re-bed" the action????????

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes that may be necessary. But, as an example, if you are buying a stock for a pre-64 M70 for example... if someone correctly bedded the stock to a pre-64 M70 with the same contour barrel you'd think it would be a pretty close fit. Some adjustment here and there might be necessary.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pull it all out and spend the money to have it epoxy bedded. It lasts longer.