In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

scope crosshairs?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
is it better to have a scope with big or small crosshairs for grouping and far shots?

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the situation. The remedy to that very question was the development of the "Duplex" reticle, which has the thick European-type crosshair on the outer edge of the field, and fine crosshairs at the aiming point.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thin crosshairs for grouping!! ever looked through a benchrest scope? Big crosshairs are good for hunting, they give a sense of security when you are preparing to fire. I like em thin.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember: The thicker the cross-hairs, the less of your target you can actually see!I have a Swarvorski 6X36 with a duplex reticle, however at 100yds, my 3/4" spot is completely covered even by the thinner line ... meaning I can miss the spot entirely if its centered in any of the 4 "Hairs" as opposed to centered between all 4 of the hairs
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.