In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stolen firearms

moonflawermoonflawer Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Is there an internet source that one can access that lists stolen firearms by make model and serial number ?? I live in Michigan, and wonder if there is a nationwide data base ??

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Captkirk, Our home was recently burglerized. Several handguns were stolen. I need information regarding worth and serial numbers for the antique firearms in question. May I please contact you directly, and would you please contact me directly?
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Capt's not around, I'd be happy to help.AntiqueDr@ApaxEnterprises.com
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I once owned an 1878 Colt Frontier .45, and what I've been told was a "French Marshall" flintlock pistol. I am unsure of the age on that particular item, and am looking to get a resonable estimate of worth on both. Both items were in excellent condition. I have the serial number for the Colt, but I'm not aware of there being any numbers or marks on the flintlock. Any assistance that can be offered would be greatly appreciated! Also, what are the odds of those two pieces being recovered? They were stolen from a southern California home...
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that you have a greater chance of recovering your stolen guns than getting fair market value for them from your insurance company.Apparently you don't have an insurance rider on your homeowners policy listing the guns, since an appraisal is generally required before a rider is issued. Lacking that, most insurance companies limit the value of collectibles, including guns, to $500.My personal belief is that the best insurance that you can get for guns is a good quality safe. Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the information. I had a consultation with my insurance adjuster yesterday afternoon, and though I've increased the coverage of firearms on my insurance policy to $2500, it obviously won't cover the loss I've suffered. I did however learn (among other hard lessons) that I may be able to recover the remaining amount, by claiming the loss on my taxes this year. Truthfully, I'm not feeling very positive about that aspect of it. Nor do I believe that all pawn shops in San Diego are on the "up and up". Maybe I will start buying lottery tickets...As for a safe...anyone know where I can get a decent affordable model that can also accomadate several rifles?