In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sharps lookalike

FlashpanFlashpan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for some information on a .22 caliber Sharps Pepperbox lookalike. The 4-barrel Sharps has a rotating firing pin on the hammer and was manufactured by C.S. Sharps in Philadelphia in the mid to late 1800's. It was made in .22 short and .30 caliber versions and is sometimes referred to the Sharps derringer.The lookalike, however, was manufactured by a Japanese company some time in the late 1900's in a .22 long rifle caliber version.I thought the name of the manufacturer was something like Maramutsu or something like that. Does anyone out there have any information on the Sharps lookalike?Flashpan

Comments

• Options
    ironmongerironmonger Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The look alike was made American Derringerthey made 2,674 but stopped productionin 1992. They were made in steel and stainless steel. the are called Mini C.O.Pin 22Cal. I have a standing offer forOne thousand dollars for one. THe day youbuy one BUY A LOTTO TICKET that day!!!!!
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IRONMONGER - Didn't they make that in .357 as well? Always looked like a handful to say the least. I remember them being on the shelf in the late 70's and early 80's but haven't seen one for a while. Also, C.O.P.S. was an acronym. For what, do you recall?
  • Options
    king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FLASHPAN;I was not aware of any Japanese repros but I own an Italian copy of the Deringer in 22 LR. I bought it in 1964 or 65 for about $25 brand new. It works well (although no marvel for accuracy) and as far as I can tell is an exact (except for metric threads) copy of the original. I have also seen similar ones, also Italian in 22 Short. There was also a "Four Aces" model, a bit smaller than the original, but functioning the same, but I forget where that was made.Hope this helps.Morty
  • Options
    FlashpanFlashpan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    king999 -Please forward the name and location of the manufacturer of the Italian copy of the Sharps .22 derringer that you mentioned. I'm interested in tracking down one of them, and I would appreciate the information.Grif
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a four barrel .22 short sharps copy, mine was made by Uberti sometime in the sixties or early seventies. I paid $45.00 for it a year ago used. While I have no intention of selling it, I wouldn't buy it again,It usually opens itself up on the second or third shot. Opens just enough to come out of battery. I've only shot CCI c-b's in it.
  • Options
    king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FLASHSorry, but the only markings are: "made in italy", "a 4 digit SN", "Italian proof marks". There is no mfg marking at all.Morty