In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta Silver Snipe - will both barrels dry fire?

rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I've got an older Beretta Silver Snipe that I've never shot. When I open the action, close it with nothing in the chambers, take the safety off only one barrel seems to dry fire. Is this normal? and how do you get both barrels to fire? It only has one trigger.

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rap it smartly on the butt with the heel of your hand.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    ishootblanksishootblanks Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AntiqueDr is correct. Your Beretta does not have a mechanical trigger, but rather a recoil reset trigger where the recoil from the first shot resets the trigger for the next shot. When dry firing, you can do as described by AntiqueDr or simply put the safety on and off again
    Without the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!
  • Options
    rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    Thanks! That worked. I've had this shotgun sitting in my safe for over 15 years - it was my fathers - and never bothered fooling with it. Got it out last night and discovered it handles very nice. While I was fiddling with it this morning, I found that Beretta publishes their manuals in PDF format on-line. Go here http://www.beretta.com/home.htm and there is a pull down manual under "Services" that has manuals. I found it very helpful.thanks again...rick