In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-15 mags legal or not

USMCUSMC Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a post ban AR-15 w/ 5 round mags. Is it legal to own or use 30 round mags. I have been told you can own them but not use them. Is this true? Thanks for your help."Dead or alive"

Comments

• Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Unless there is some unusual law in your state or local area, you can use pre-ban high capacity mags in a post ban firearm.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USMC I have done the same thing for many yaers on lots of post ban guns. The fact is that the ATF or local Authority, or at least where I live, aren't particularly concerned with checking on the production date of your rifle. I have shot at the range many times with hi-cap mags right next to the chief of police and other agents. Thay are just as interested in guns as you are, lots of times they have a load of the same types of thing at their own house. Buy all the clips you want, I do!!!!
  • Options
    Will on kauaiWill on kauai Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy you guys are sure lucky,Out here in Hawaii where the liberals run the state, You can own preban mags but you can't use them for hunting or target shooting, Unless you block them off so they can only take 10rds. And if you are found too have them in your possession while going hunting etc,You will lose your right too hunt with firearms,and lose your right to own guns, In my lovely little state of Hawaii