In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911 sights

thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
What is the difference between a NOVAK or a BOMAR style sights?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am pleased to find out that most any aftermarket adjustable 1911 rear sight, will fit my Llama Max-1. But some may require removing the firing pin safety.I don't want to do that, so does anyone know what rear 1911 sights will allow me to keep my firing pin safety?I really would like to have and adjustable sight.Also, is this a mod I can do myself, or do I need a gunsmith.(I have VERY limited gunsmithing skills).

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a well worked 1911 project gun. the next thing on the plate to be added to the pistol is a set of sites. the standard mil spec sights that SA put on it are just not addiquat for target shooting.

what are the best sights out ther for target type shooting. i don't do any actual cometitions but am not counting that option out

i have thaught bout putting a red dot on it but would like to have iron sights as well.

can anyone steer me in the right direction

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    i personaly do not beleive that you need to carry an anti tank rifle for personal protection.

it doesn't matter how big your gun is, it's what you do with it when it counts :)

the 1911 is proof that God loves guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do you change the front sight on a MKIV Series 70 with fixed sights? Are they pressed in place? This one shoots low. Thanks.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I had a BOMAR installed on my Para Ordnance. Was afraid of the same thing so I had it done for me. My smith said that the only modifications he made to the safety was a couple of file strokes for clearance of the sight. Bomar sights are the way to go. The series 80 parts are still all there and safety functions.

rich