In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is this "B92 Minnesota"

gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
A friend came by yesterday to show and ask me about this. We are not just too terribly gun stupid, but, we couldn't find it in our books.
It is a new Browning B 92 lever in 44 mag....duplicating the Win. 92.
It commemorates the state of Minnesota, and on the top tang is engraved..."#4 of 25".
Does this mean that there was only 25 of these things produced?....or does that have some other meaning?
We are both wondering about the value of this, as we could not find any ref.
Can anybody please add any comments at all reguarding this?

Bob

Comments

• Options
    ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in Minnesota.... Have not seen the gun, But.. What you said "#4 of 25 " Would be.. That 25 of something have been made, and you had #4 of the 25. We have a Gun show this week in the Twin Cities and next weekend in Owatonna...Boath are M.W.C. shows ( THE BEST! ) I will look to see if I can find one.

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sounds great,...anything would be more than what we got. I will keep watching here, or, if you would want to slip me an e-mail so as to make sure, I don't mind either.

bob61@htc.net

Bob
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a surf to Browning'ssite. I think I saw a historical gun page or something like it. Sounds like collector stuff to me though. Mind you it would be very unsual for it to be 'of 25'.
  • Options
    mtj21mtj21 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What you more than likely have is a banquet gun. The NWTF, Rocky Mountain Elk, something along this line. I know of no Browning commerative of this sort, but it doesn't mean that one of many hunting type groups did not commission these 25 guns to raise money for there cause. If that is indeed what happended, it is hard to find info in the Browning literature about them. Maybe somebody from the Minnesota club that sponsered this gun will read your post and can identify it.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mtj21 is close. It is called a "special edition". These are variations of standard guns that are commissioned by groups or a single distributor. They are not cataloged or sold through the normal distribution chain. There is no "book" value for these; the "value" is whatever you can get for one on any given day. There is no collector interest in them; they usually sell for the same, or a little more, than the standard version of the gun in comparable condition.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Y'know, those last couple of posts sound pretty good to me and fall along lines that I have been mostly picking up around here. If nothing else comes in, I would advise the owner to be satisfied with that.
    Still though, if you,..."ItGoBang"... run across some Minn. show info, I would look forward to hearing it.
    Thanks all,....

Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went to the Gun Show this last weekend, Did not see it and asked about it.. Not any luck MWC has a show in Owatonna this weekend and I will look again.....

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UPDATE!!!!!!! Talked to a dealer, (one of the biggest in south Minnesota) and was told, " I don't know if any from Browning, But there is an ENGRAVER in South Dakota, That does special work for Ducks Unlimited, NRA, and other groups." That's the best I can do.

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just want you to know that I caught your message and express my appreciation for your trouble.
    Me and this owner/friend was set up at a Belleville, Ill. table, side by side, this weekend, and either of us didn't find out a durn thing.
    Thanks again.

Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did not know know a lot about engraved guns, but I know a few things now... Gun clubs do get guns engraved, and some dealers too.. and VFW's, Legion, NRA, Ducks,just about everyone does it to get money. Some are a lot of $$$$$$ some are not. You could have a good one. What I would do is call Browning, And ask about the gun, You never know!

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!