In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ROHM .22

Paula0855Paula0855 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me information or a value on a German made gun. It has the following markings.... ROHM on the hand grip.... on the side of the barrel it reads ROHM GM_H( either a 2 or a B in the blank space, I can't tell which) SONTHEIM/BRENZ..... On the underside of the barrel it reads CAL 22 Lr... This gun has a pin that unscrews so that the revolver swings out to load it. It also reads MADE IN GERMANY on the barrel and GERMANY on the revolver. I do not know a thing about guns so any information would be helpful. This was a gun owned by my late Father.
Thanks,
Paula

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rohm guns are low quality guns imported into the US in the 1960's & 1970's. Although it is probably safe for informal occasional target shooting, it is too unreliable for self defense. It might sell for $50.

Neal
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Well, Paula, I don't know how to sugarcoat this, so....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but....the ROHM was a very inexpensive revolver, of low quality, and has very little value today.

There's no collector interest in them, and their value as a "shooter" is nil.....typically $25 to $50 (if you can find a buyer).
  • Options
    Paula0855Paula0855 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your quick reply. I do appreciate it very much. At least I know a little something about the gun now.

Thanks Again,
    Paula
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not put a value on it except sentimental since it was your Fathers. Just hang on to it.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    I disagree about the "no value" part.

A hundred years ago, cheap handguns were made by the thousands, and sold for just a few bucks.

Today, these cheapies of yesteryear occupy a niche in gun collecting. Just as with their modern cousins, most were bought cheap and severely abused, never cared for. Finding a pristine example is very unusual.

The Rohm/RG/Ravens, etc. are no longer with us, and probably won't return. Who is to say that a neat collection of these cheap guns won't have considerable value to our grandchildren?

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net