In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield M6 Survival Rifle .22 Hornet/.410

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I've been thinking of buying one. What's a good or better used one with parkerized finish worth? What do you think of these in .22 Hornet over .410 shotgun?

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau

Comments

• Options
    beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had one for a year or so now. They are neat and if you find a good soft sided case to carry it in it makes a good truck gun, camping gun, or gun to have if you can't legally carry a pistol. The Hornet round is awesome and the .410 is versatile in that you can use slugs, buckshot and shot shells. I guess the only down side is the length of pull and the sights. The sights are a notch and a simple peep. I bought a scope mount for mine, cost $42.00, but was from Springfield. I have not mounted a scope on mine yet, but saw a magizine article in which someone used that crazy freeze method on barrel, coated it with some camo super coating and scoped it out. I have the simple parkerized on and it is fun to shoot if you reload the Hornet, due to it costing twenty-five to thirty rounds a box of fifty. Sorry for the long response, wanting to fish tonight, too much raining.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=55

Here is a cool link for it. I have the parkeized one and realy like it. I have had mine for years and taken many grouse. The only thing I am not fond of is the price of .410

John