In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith Wesson 27-2

UintahUintah Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I am interested in any information anyone may have on a Smith & Wesson model 27-2 .357 with 6.5" barrel, nickel plated, TT, TH, whiteoutline rear sight, red ramp front sight, and the top of barrel rib and top of receiver has the fine checking on it. The barrel is pinned. Serial # N122XX. Condition is approx. 98%. Did the 27 come standard with the above features? Also if anyone could provide an approx. year of manufacture. Thank you for any info.

Comments

• Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson says 1970-1972 N1-N60000.
    I would say the gun is original unless it's been re-nickeled.Also the cylinder (I believe) should be recessed.[^]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    UintahUintah Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF
    Thanks for the info. I did neglect to mention the cylinder is recessed. The gun belongs to a friend that has lost interest and I am in the consideration stage.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 27-2 is one of S&Ws finest shooters. Shooting the big N frame is a pleasure. The 27-2s hold there value extremely well, so if you don't get hurt on the purchase price, you should always be able to get your money back on it if you take reasonable care of it. But they're kind of like potato chips, it's hard to stop with just one.[:)]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    picture.GIF
    picture.JPG
    standard.jpg