In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

8mm turkish mauser ammo value

wichitamanwichitaman Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a bunch of 8mm ammo, turkish with the 70 round stripper clips in cloth belt. What is the value of it? If it is not worth much I will shoot it up..... Thanks

Comments

• machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    In my area the Turk 8mm sells at gun shows for about 25 cents per round or a little more, or about $18-$20 per bandolier. 8mm of any kind is rising in value, as most of it in surplus form is in fairly low supply right now.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Turk ammo is not a rare, scarce collectors item- it is shooting ammo. Fairly stout, but shoots well.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MMM has it. Brass cased 8mm surplus ammo is running about $0.25-$0.30 per round now.

I think I paid $20 for a bandoleer of it last year.

The packaging is kind of cool (bandoleer + stripper clips).

Don't forget that its corrosive. . .clean thoroughly after shooting and you'll be fine.

8mm in particular has gone WAY up in cost over the last few years. Its a combination of factors such as weakness of the dollar, increased cost of oil (shipping costs), and lack of additional supply.

I'm convinced that with 8mm and the like, you will NOT be sorry if you buy a case or two of it, and throw it in your closet for indefinite future use.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought 2 cases of 1440 rounds back when they were bringing in the Turk Mauser's ... 7 cents a round delivered IIRC, too bad you can't replace it for that! You could get a handpicked rifle and case of ammo for less than $200

I kept the buttons that came on those bandoleer's ... have moved since then and have no idea what happened to them, but we're moving again soon so maybe they will turn up!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lot of the 70 round bandoleers.When I bought mine it was $4.00 for the 70 rounds.I have it all stashed away in ammo boxes just in case.

EvilDr235