In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sell and Purchase

Larry TLarry T Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a US Customs S&W 357 brand new never fired in the box and a low serial number I got from my father. What is the estimated value of this revolver?

I am looking to purchase a used Colt python nickle 6" which will serve as a hunting and range pistol. What is the best place to look for a reasonable price?

Thank you

Larry

Comments

• HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry,

Welcome to the forum. Your pistol will bring no more than a similar model and condition S & W that is not a commemorative.

You can get an idea of what you will have to pay for the Python by doing a search of completed auctions on gunbroker. You can sometime get good buys at gun shows, pawn shops and gun shops and on gunbroker auctions. It is a buyers market now.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Welcome Larry!! I will be the first of many to tell you that you need to give us more info and ESPECIALLY PICTURES, so we can give you a close estimate. Which model Smith is it? Barrel length? Sights? grips? You get the point. need way more info. I can tell you that being a US Customs tribute will not bring any more money than the same pistol without the US Customs marking.

If you find a used Python you had better be ready to spend in the $1000.00 range and up. If you can afford the Python, please don't use it for hunting!! The Python is far too valuable to hunt with. There are plenty of pistols that are ideal for hunting. What are you going to hunt? The best place to look for reasonable prices is right her, on Gunbroker.

I