In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wards Western Field

TAstrokerTAstroker Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have just purchased a Wards Western Field 14m-491a in 22 s-l-lr, and I am having trouble finding this model in any of my books to cross referance over to manufacturer, obtain any information regarding year of manufacture or any info at all. It looks similar to a Mossberg 46B except for the rear of the bolt (sighting aperature?) and the front sight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble. Tom Capps

Comments

• MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    The numrich cross reference does not list that model number. Post a couple of pictures.

Since mossberg didn't use serial numbers there is really no way to date the rifle other than years of production.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Store brand guns usually (but not always) were different in some features than the MFG model. Generally they were a cheaper (IE: more affordable) version as per customer contract desires. Differences usually centered on sights, type of woods use in stocks etc.
  • KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Book shows 3 different 14M's, all made by Mossberg, all different models. Look at a 42, 50 + 85.