In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cartridges of the World

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Why is this reissued when the majority of the info is the same?

Sage 1

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they only put in "new" cartridges, it would only be a 20 page supplement every 5 years or so.
    The articles change, some older cartridges are dropped, some newer cartridges are added, and the errors remain.
    If you're looking for a new reference, pick up a copy of "Ammo Encyclopedia" by Michael Bussard. It (like most references) also contains some errors, and only time will tell if they correct them in the future.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sage1
    Why is this reissued when the majority of the info is the same?

Sage 1

You could ask the same of telephone books, college textbooks, encylopedias, world-record books, or any other publication that comes out with a small number of minor revisions every so often.

The answer is to keep the volume up to date, and also to encourage more sales.

If you're going to do another publishing run, you might as well have the thing be up to date, right?

If you don't think the update is worth anything, feel free to pay less for an older version of the book.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The key to the answer of your question is the one word "MAJORITY" many people buy new copies to see what is NEW in the cartridge world that might offer something that older cartridges don't offer.
  • I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    Your question doesn't apply to the hundreds and thousands of NEW gun guys every day who start getting hot on gun stuff.
    I have only no's 5, 6 and 7 and they're all getting worn out, some have info the others don't and I can't throw any one of them away.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.

Sage 1