In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ithaca Mod. 37

jimvette59jimvette59 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can any body help. I own a 16ga. mod.37 it's serial # is s
That is the way it is on the barrel and the trigger grouping. The S is over 1818. I was told that the gun was one of a set and it was owned by a demonstrator shouter. It has a vented rib improved cylinder barrel and extra engraving on the trigger grouping. Thanking you in advance.jim.t.

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt there is anyone here who can tell you who the gun was owned by. Your best bet would be to write to Ithaca. They may have records on who the gun was shipped to when it left the factory.

If it went to a factory Demo shooter, they would likely have records showing that.
  • jimvette59jimvette59 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    I doubt there is anyone here who can tell you who the gun was owned by. Your best bet would be to write to Ithaca. They may have records on who the gun was shipped to when it left the factory.

If it went to a factory Demo shooter, they would likely have records showing that.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Ithaca and all they could tell me was it was made in 1939 and is probably a skeet gun. I think there is more of a provenance to the gun.
  • skyhigh_sellerskyhigh_seller Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to shotgunworld and post in the Ithaca section. Maybe you will get some info but stuff like "who owned this gun"? is nearly impossible to determine.