In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Taurus PT140 - 1st Gen Problem

FrostDawgFrostDawg Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I bought a used 1st Gen DAO PT-140 here a week or so ago...and finally got to the range today to shoot it. The manual warns to only use 180Gr ammo...but with the shortage, all I could find was Winchester target ammo 165Gr JSP. The gun seems to have acceptable accuracy but I did experience mis-fires. With the DAO, I could just squeeze the trigger again which caused almost all the misfires to eventually fire on the second strike. But when I examined two that did not fire, it seemed like the strike impression was not very deep. Another person there at the range echoed that observation without my commenting. I intend to give it a good cleaning/lube and try again with some of the recommended ammunition. But if this problem persists, what can I do to correct it? Is it a weak spring? Out of a box of 100, I had about 10 misfires total but 8 did fire the second time. Any thoughts/recommendations??

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the problems that seem to be popping up here on GB and there seems to be quite a few lately. I would go clean the gun an then go shoot it with the recommended loads. If the problem persists I would take it to a gunsmith and not send it back to Taurus. It seems lately that there customer service ranks second to only the number of gun related problems that people here on GB have experienced. I have thought on a few occasions of purchasing one or two of their products but I just can't because of the number of problems that have occurred to other users of this site by people owning Taurus's. Good luck