In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Darne shotgun

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Trying to remove buttstock from a 1960's Darne,it is not the same as my 1930's Darne.It is a V19 grade. Anybody know the drill??

Comments

• TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Darne V19 12 Gauge Shotgun in first class condition it was made in 1925 what is its value & what do I need to do to sell it in the USA.
    Could send photo's
    Regards
    Dave Fisher
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any experince with the little sliding breech shotgun? I'am thinking I would love to find one in 28 ga. Value any feedback, thankyou beltfed
    edited November -1
    There's a Darne 20 gauge double for sale at a local pawn shop. I need to remove the barrels to check for markings/model/grade, etc. How do the barrels come off? I'd like to do it smoothly as though I know what I'm doing; I don't want to appear as ignorant as I really am about this shotgun. Any help appreciated.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,702 ******
    edited November -1
    Markings should be on the barrels beneath the forearm near the breech. You shouldn't need to remove the barrels to see them. Just remove the forearm.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as above,,,,check for the proof marks,,,make sure its real..nambu
  • 25skinner25skinner Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google DARNE on the internet ..there is a forum and it will tell how to take the barrels off..read as much as you can .there is a lot of price differants between grades ..the berrels come off by opening the action and betwwen the two chambers is a small lever you need to push this down and bump the barrel slighty on the ends while holding both the barrels and forearm in one hand its much easyer to do than explain..read the forum ..if you do get it post photos I'd like to see it
  • 25skinner25skinner Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to darne on gunbroker and you can see how they take down by some of the pictures that are posted