In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1x Muzzleloader Scope

olsenjbolsenjb Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I live in Utah, and by law, I can only put a 1x power scope on my muzzleloader for hunting. I have a T/C Triumph, and I'm curious what folks on here would recommend for a 1x scope? Thanks.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use a red dot scope like an Ultradot that has variable size dot with a red dot there is NO parallax and full field of view at all times .
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an old Weaver K-1 with a crosshair and dot on a Knight rifle. It has worked very well. It cost about $50 in excellent condition about 2 years ago.
    I also use a vintage 1.3X Bushnell Phantom Magnum pistol scope on my Thompson Cemter Hawken. It uses a rail mount that screws in the rear sight holes so it doesn't have to be drilled or tapped. The scope cost about $35.00 and the mount was $12.00, both off an auction site.
  • olsenjbolsenjb Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks...anyone else?
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would second perry shooter's advice with a red dot, if it is legal in your state. I would use The holographic type site from Burris. I think they also make conventional 1x power scopes.

Best
  • laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'ved used red dot scopes on my 12 ga slug gun and 50 cal muzzleloader for years. absolutely love the unlimited eye relief, quick target acquisition, adjustability for different degrees of lighting, and clear point of aim. i like 2nd hand aimpoints.