In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

XD 9MM

pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a XD 9mm I am going to sell but I need to know how much it is worth first. It has a trigger job done by a factory authorized tech. It also has high vis sights and 5 mags ( 3 15 rounders and 2 16's).

Comments

• pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Asked about 9mm semi autos for around $550 and had alot of responses from you guys. Finally decided on a Springfield Amory XD 4" barrel. Now I find out they are made in Croatia. Should I pass on it?
  • KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its $550, I'd pass because of the price, not of where it's made. I've got one and really like it but I paid a little over 4 for it.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,702 ******
    edited November -1
    Why would you pass on it? I've carried an XD for years and it's one of the best handguns ever made.

Glocks are made in Austria, Springfields are made in Brazil and Winchesters are made in Japan. So what?
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple XDs and love them. I saw the XD-9 service model(4") for $470 this weekend at the local gunshow. You can do much better than $550.

Buy one, you won't regret it.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can get one for $419 but figured Croatia was not up to todays mfg standards. Call it the Yugo syndrone.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Croats make good stuff..I have two XD M models and they are fine handguns!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The XD's are pretty darn good guns. I like them and haven't had any issues.
  • midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on being good guns, while not my favorite to shoot, i've never had a single problem with my xd (mine is a .40 w/ 4 in ported barrel) it also has had well over 2000 rounds through it. again, NEVER any problems
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pirate2501
    I can get one for $419 but figured Croatia was not up to todays mfg standards. Call it the Yugo syndrone.

Historically speaking, most of the so called "Yugoslavian" guns were actually made in what is now Serbia (not Croatia).

Anyway, the XDs are fine guns. They're a modern design built on modern machinery and Springfield stands behind them. Lots of people swear by them and love them.

I wouldn't worry about the place of manufacture in this case.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,228 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161

do you have the xdm 40? ever have any problems with it?
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161

do you have the xdm 40? ever have any problems with it?

I have had an XDm 40 for more than a year and it has functioned perfectly.
    Regards, MAALOX