In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need Some Advice

above_allabove_all Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I shipped a very nice custom rifle that I sold on-line via UPs ground. It was insured for the full amount, but it arrived at its destination with the stock literally split in half. What do I have to do now?

Comments

• above_allabove_all Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need to thin my collection in order to make a few new purchases.

I need to get rid of at least two of the following. What would you recommend selling? What should I keep?

Marlin 336 30-30 w/ Redfield scope, made in 1975, 95%
    Russian SKS, made '49 to '52, receiver cover does not match, 95%
    Norinco SKS Paratrooper, Factory 26, 98%, all matching

Got to pay for the new M4 and used Ruger GP100 I just bought. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Looking to buy my first rifle. I am thinking of buying a Mosin Nagant. I would also like to put some type of scope on this rifle and use it for target shooting. I guess I want a historical sniper rifle. I do not want to spend a bundle. I do not know anything about frosting or bluing. Just looking for some advice on which is the most solid and accurate nagant. Any advice would be helpful. I also welcome any other rifle suggestions.Thanks in advance.Tom
    edited November -1
    I have been off this forum for awhile[sometimes life gets complicated and busy]. Jumping back in because I need some advice from experienced GB sellers. I have a friend who is haveing some health issues, and may need to part with his firearm collection. I don't remember exactly how many he has, but about 15 or so collectable Remingtons. I said I would help him sell on GB if he wants. He would really like to sell the entire collection together. My question is; do you think he could get a better price selling as a group, or seperatly? Thanks for your input.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of the bunch I'd keep the Marlin. Had a 336 made in 71. I could kick my brother for Losing(?)it.
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Definitely keep the 336. I would love to find a 336 without the stupid cross bolt. Of all of the guns I've gotten rid of I miss my 336 the most. You will regret off loading that one.
    edited November -1
    Thanks...I'll keep it in mind.

Catpealer111, are you in the AF. You're showing the A/C maint and munitions badge. I retired in '98. Spent my career working A10, F4, F16 and F15's. Went from TAC to ACC. Looks like you went from SAC to ACC.
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would keep the Marlin.