In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cheek pads and monte carlo stocks

krawiechkrawiech Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
the strap on cheek pads raise your line of sight but how much on a monte carlo stock it doesnt look like it raises your line of sight much can anyone tell me how much it raises the line of sight thanks hank

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on the gun. There are no "standards" for stock dimensions, & there are no "standards" for scope height above the bore.

If you bought a custom made gun, you could have your dealer "fit" you with a "try gun" which has movable parts on the stock.

Neal
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by krawiech
    the strap on cheek pads raise your line of sight but how much on a monte carlo stock it doesnt look like it raises your line of sight much can anyone tell me how much it raises the line of sight thanks hank

I'd ballpark it at about 1/2", but the exact number is going to depend on the exact pad, its thickness, how its installed, and your particular anatomy.
  • krawiechkrawiech Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info i just recieved a three quarter cheek pad from cabelas for a norienco 7.62x39 rifle