In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

French Unique Model L Combo

Andy of Mayberry2Andy of Mayberry2 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine is trying to sell me a French Unique semi auto in 22 cal that comes with a carbine attachment. You remove the pistol barrel, slide and the rest of the gun fits int a nice little carbine. The carbine barrel is 18 inches long so I don't see an issue with ATF. Are these desirable? Best regards, Andy

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    You don't see these very often and back when they were available in the 1960s they retailed for around $85.
    [img][/img]UniqueDES.jpg
    While they are good little pistols and the carbine attachment makes for a handy rifle, French firearms don't fair very well with US collectors. In nice shape with the papers these combos can bring around $700.
  • Andy of Mayberry2Andy of Mayberry2 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is the gun that you are showing. What do mean by with papers? The box and manual? Best regards, Andy
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Andy of Mayberry2
    It is the gun that you are showing. What do mean by with papers? The box and manual? Best regards, Andy

Naturally it is the guns that I am showing [;)]. Box, manuals, hang tags, certificate of quality, ect. The more of this stuff that you have with the gun the more money you'll get for it.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,057 ******
    edited November -1
    Man, I wanted one of those real bad when I was 12, but Dad wouldn't hear of it, since the combo included an actual pistol. I ended up with a Marlin 99C, and I still have it. I am 56.
    edited November -1
    I would guess that my buddy would take $550.00 to a hopfull $650.00. I can take some picks, or look at an older auction that he had me pull. Best regards, Andy
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Man, I wanted one of those real bad when I was 12, but Dad wouldn't hear of it, since the combo included an actual pistol. I ended up with a Marlin 99C, and I still have it. I am 56.

The timeline is perfect. These combos were discontinued in 1969 after the 1968 Gun Control Act made the pistols unimportable due to their small size. I have heard that there were dedicated Model L carbines produced (no detachable pistol, just a straight .22 rifle) specifically for importation into the USA, but I have never seen an example.
    edited November -1
    Should I put this on auction for him or there any interested takers out there ? Best regards, Andy
    edited November -1
    It can't hurt anything. It costs nothing but a little bit of your time to list a gun on the auction site (extra auction features cost a little bit of money) so you have nothing to loose. Put up some decent photos because nothing sells without photos.