In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scvopes with illuminated reticles

.22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what scope companies make scopes with illuminated reticles. I would prefer one with the entire reticle illuminted but would consider one with just the center area illuminated. I want one in the 1.5-6x to 2-7x magnification area. My son wants one for a 30-30win rifle. I'm not looking for a real cheap one but would prefer to keep it $350.00-$400.00 max. Thanks[?]

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BSA and Trijicon are two that comes to mind.
  • lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Tasco with a lighted reticle, came on a rifle I bought so I don't know what it retailed for but it's not a super high dollar scope, I'm sure.

It's marked "ER 39-40 Made in Japan Pat Pend" and a silver stag head on the left side, no other markings other than 3-9 x 40 on the tube. it lights up the reticle only, glows red, no adjustment other than off and on. I like it in the early morning and late evening, seems as if the deer in South Texas have wrist watches and know exactly when half an hour after sundown is although occasionally one comes in a bit early. That's when the illumination pays off.

Dan R
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burris signature select series with the E-dot are what I use. When hunting in low light, which is when you will be using the illumination, most of the cheaper scopes that illuminate the entire retical will be too bright and cause the pupil to become smaller, thus eliminating what you see OTHER THAN the retical.

The e-dot only lights a dot in the middle and has a high and low setting. The cheaper stuff has a lot of settings so it seems they would be low enough, but I found that the first setting is quite often too bright for low light hunting.

Check out the Burris,..you will buy more of their products. I sold my Leupolds for Burris signatures.
  • JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +!

Check out the Burris,..you will buy more of their products. I sold my Leupolds for Burris signatures.
    [/quote]