In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Universal Arms Doublewing (pic's added)

asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
No pic's of it on hand here.
What would a 12 gauge Universal Doublewing be worth?
It would grade around 65-70% with mottled blue on the barrels.
Thanks guys.

On my computer now.

This is the best I could get of the blue.
shtgns017.jpg

shtgns016.jpg
shtgns014.jpg
shtgns013.jpg

Oh, forgot. Barrels are 28" Full/Modified. 2 3/4" chambers.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO $300-$400 because of condition of blue. It looks like a higher grade gun then Field gun like a Stevens model 311, but I suspect it is Spanish made , The Spanish make some very high grade guns but Your brand has fairly SOFT steel used in it's construction.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Perry.
    Yea, I forgot to mention it was imported from Spain by Universal Arms.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    made in spain..i have the 10ga model
  • RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's tough to price some of the low to moderate quality of the Spanish made SxS's. The quality varies because these guns were built to a price point dictated by the importer. The soft metal I am familiar with is the firing pins in some of the models imported in the 1960 to 1980 period. This problem is a fairly easy fix. I would be more concerned with the LOP, cast off, condition of the wood, choke characteristics and general fit of the gun more than the quality of the metal if you are looking for a hunting shotgun. All in all, I think most Spanish imports are a better choice than most of the Turkish made imports for hunting or moderate to heavy use. I think something like the shotgun pictured would sell in the range of $450.00 plus.
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks identical to my AYA Matador 2 (also imported By Universal). Mines in great condition 95% $ 800.00 to $1,000.00 or so.

Yours much less about $ 300.00 - 400.00
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I had thought somewhere in the $300+ range. Just thought verification was needed.

Actually had one of these years ago, when I was a wet eared pup. Couldn't miss with that gun if I closed my eyes. This gun though. I couldn't hit a barn if I closed the door on my way in.

Oh, I almost forgot. This has 3" chambers. The fellow I got it from said it had 2 3/4" chambers and i took it at that. I've got a chamber gauge, just never thought to put it in them. I really need to learn these metric chamber lengths.