In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester Stock Refinish

kernel65kernel65 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anybody know of a good place to send a Winchester 97 stock to have the checkering touched up and refinished?

Was the checkering "size" (I might me describing it wrong) the same as a Model 12 (22 LPI)?

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Comments

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    The trap grade 1906 97 I have is 22 lpi. Later model 12's went to 18lpi.
  • the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to Google and typed in "winchester stock refinish". It gave me numbers 1 to 10 of 268,000 possible references. Needless to say I didn't check all 268,000. Some are for the materials themselves, some offer refinishing services. I'm sure there are a couple there that would be what you are looking for.
    the yooper
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    email oldmajics (forum member) he does great work at reasonable prices. i think he has a link to his website in his sig line. if you have trouble, i'll send you a link.
    tom
  • kernel65kernel65 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the quick replies. The Google-fu was strong with this one as you implied yooper. I have contacted Simmons among others but not much for 1897's specifically out there. I will look up oldmajics. Keep the suggestions coming, thanks again.

Scott
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a very top notch checkerer in Grand Junction, Colorado named Mark Moon.