In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR-15 upper

ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am new to this AR thing and I need help identifying this upper. It is longer than I want and I need to know what I have in order to possibly trade it. Thanks for the help guys.

AT

Picture_0436.jpg
Picture_0425.jpg
Picture_0417.jpg
Picture_0401.jpg

Comments

• ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Question, If I purchase a new upper in say 300 AAC or 6.8 and use my current 223 bolt carrier do I need be concerned about head space? thanks
    edited November -1
    Guys,
    Need some opinions. I want to get a flat top upper for my AR carbine, so who do you suggest? Rock River, Bushmaster, DPMS, or other? Not looking for match grade stuff, just want to do some coyote hunting.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    It is a mutt. It has A1 sights on it which is cheeper then the A2 style rear sight.

The muzzle break is some kind of an AK style break. If it is just threaded on then it can be pulled off easy making it worth a few bucks more. If the break is pinned or welded on it will be worth less unless that is what someone is looking for.

You can get current A4 uppers for under $300 without bolt/carrier/charing handle.

If you sell it as is $350-400 maybe. If you sell without bolt/carrier/charging handle (that you will need for your new upper) take about $100-150 off that.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the forging markings? What are the barrel markings, any other markings around or below the sight. Is the front side marked with an F?

What type of bolt carrier does it have? Was it MP test?
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't see it in the 1st photo, but on the right side of the receiver just behind the ejection port there should be a simple symbol - a small square, a keyhole shape, etc. Supposedly this mark designates the manufacturer - at least that's what I've read. No idea what symbol belongs to which manufacturer.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What caliber is it [?] 223 or 7.62X39 [?]
    With that muzzle break it looks like the later.
    Is the bolt and carrier with it [?]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either Bushmaster or Olympic Arms made this upper I remember seeing it in one of their catalogs. It was listed as a 24" barrel with the AK muzzle brake. I don't think there would be a whole lot of demand for an upper in this configuration you would be better off dis assembling it and parts it out.
    edited November -1
    Barrel is marked 5.56 on top in front of the front sight. The front sight has a "C" as part of the forging. There is an "H" below the rear sight adjustment knob. It has an M-16 carrier.