In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weaver C4 adjustment problem

tireddfarmertireddfarmer Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just installed a used Weaver C4 scope on a Ruger 10-22 and when bore sighting I cannot adjust the elevation screw to get enough elevation. It comes to a dead stop or becomes tight. It will lower and remains easy to turn when low. Any ideas. Is the scope malfunctioning or is it the nature of them. Thanks to any one that can help. Please email lonkosky@bright.net

Comments

• vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    firstly, welcome to the forum. secondly , it sounds like you need to shim the shim the rear mount up a little depending on how much you need to make the scope look at the hole the bullet made. that is basicly what you are trying to accomplish..... make the cross hairs look at the hole made by the bullet. i'm 99% sure, on most scopes, when you turn the turrent in the up direction on the scope the cross hair is actualy moving down. i think the best practice to start out with is to center the cross hairs by determining how many complete turns the turrent will move up and down between the stops then set the scope somewhere in the middle. after you are set in the middle shim the scope while bore sighting to get it on the paper then fine tune it using the turrent adjustments. hope this helps.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRY the rifle with scope mounted on target first most bore sighters are set up for centerline of scope 1&1/2 inch above bore line. Most 22 rim fire rifles are less then this. So if this is the type of bore sighter that has a spud to go down the barrel you need to try on paper first if this is the type of bore sighter that goes in the chamber and shines a laser down the barrel to print on target "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE IN 22 RIMFIRE " then my suggestion is NOT valid.