In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

old looking scope

vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
hi all, i am looking for an era correct scope to mount on an old hi-wall. it does not have to be authentic, just for looks. i had one of the long brass ones in mind. can any one point me in the right direction to find one? thanks in advance.

Comments

• givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    The name is 'Malcolm Scope'. Leatherwood sells reproductions. The folks who make the scope also have firearms' specific mounts. Good luck! Joe
  • joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your high wall hasn't already been drilled and tapped for target blocks, it would be a shame to do it now. If that is the case, you can get an excellent repro tang sight from Jeff's Outfitters which is a viable solution for old eyes like mine, and occupies original holes.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Malcolm mounts are made to fit in the front and rear sight dovetails, no drilling and tapping. Get the heavier mounts for the bigger calibers.